14 Nov 2020 - 15 Nov 2020
Join Climathon in Venice!
~ Two days dedicated to teamwork and innovative projects,
~.to find sustainable solutions towards the Circular Economy
The V Edition of the Climathon Venice is approaching and will be held the 14 and 15th of November in the ex Church of Santi Cosma et Damiano, now called Fabbrica H3, in collaboration with SerenDPT Benefit Corporation as partner, and Venice International University (VIU) and the Euro-Mediterranean Center for Climate Change (CMCC), as scientific partners.
The event is connected to the Italian node (Venice Calls & SerenDPT) of the Open Climate Collabathon, ideated by the Yale Open Lab. Check their official website for more information.
Follow it in streaming on our social networks Venice Calls on facebook/youtube/linkedin, the 14th morning (10:00 am - 1:00 pm) and the 15th afternoon (4pm to 6:30 pm)
Facts and Figures
to reduce waste, garbage and pollution.
70+ Partecipants in Venice
Both onsite and online.
160+ cities connected
a planetary community taking action to save our Earth
Circular Economy Challenge
How to boost the Circular Economy starting from the area of Venice's Lagoon?
This Climathon will focus on the 12th Sustainable Development Goal: "Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns". We decided to propose the Circular Economy as the paradigm within which the teams will work in order to create projects or startups that reduce waste, garbage and pollution.
Saturday, 14 November
9:00 - 10:00
10:00 - 10:30
WELCOME GREETINGS - START STREAMING
- Venice Calls: Ludovico Dejak, Director of Innovation & Lead Project Manager Climathon Venice
- Venice Calls: Sebastiano Cognolato, Presidente
- SerenDPT Società Benefit: Fabio Carrera, Founder
- Venice International University (VIU): Alessandra Fornetti, Executive Director of the TEN Program on Sustainability
- CMCC Foundation ~ Euro-Mediterranean Centre on Climate Change: Julie Pellizzari, CMCC Researcher
10:30 – 11:30
INSTITUTIONAL CONFERENCE - THE CONTEXT OF THE CHALLENGE
moderated by Ludovico Dejak, Director of Innovation Venice Calls
- Carlo Bagnoli, Professor of Strategic Innovation and Director of the Ca' Foscari School of Management
- Massimiano Tellini, Global Head - Circular Economy at Intesa Sanpaolo Innovation Center
- Massimiliano De Martin, Environment and Urban Planning Councillor – The City of Venice
- Giuliana De Villa , Environment and Quality Manager - Veritas Group
11:30 – 13:00
INSPIRING SPEECH moderator Alvise Querini Co-Director of Innovation Venice Calls
- Glass Industry: Marcantonio Brandolini D'Adda & Alvise Del Mezzo, Leaders - Laguna B
- Sustainable Fashion: Alessandra Vaccari, Professor specialising in Sustainable Fashion IUAV
- Urban and Social Regeneration: Sergio Pascolo - Professor IUAV e Author of "Venezia Secolo XXI"
- Regeneration of a Vaporetto: Lorenzo Parretti, Vaporetto dell’Immaginario Capitan Bragadin
- Sustainable Mobility: Claudio Iannelli, Founder E-Concept
- Food: Paolo Rellini, Co-founder & COO Chief Operating Officer ofRegusto & project "Spesa Sospesa"
- Waste Management: Marco Mattiello, International Relation Manager - Contarina
- Musicalità: Giovanni Dinello - Recycle Project: Resounding Waste - Ver-V
13:00 – 13:30
CLOSING THE FIRST MORNING and TEAMWORK LAUNCH - END STREAMING
13:30– 14:30 Break
14:30 – 17:00
INTRODUCTION TO CLIMATHON and TEAMWORK BEGINNING
Previous editions, results obtained and methodological indications
Followed by the Team Mentor Tutors:
- Ludovico Dejak, Venice Calls
- Alvise Querini, Venice Calls
- Ilda Mannino, VIU TEN Sustainability
- Julie Pellizzari, CMCC
- Andrea Staccione, CMCC
- Alessandro Rota, Venice Calls
- Behrad Adin, Venice Calls
+ Specific Expert Mentors to Contact
Sunday, 15 November
9:00 - 10:00
INTRODUCTION TO THE NEW DAY
10:00 – 13:00
Followed by Team Mentor
13:00 - 14:15 Lunch
14:15 - 16:00
PREPARATION AND GENERAL TEST OF THE PRESENTATION
16:00 - 17:30
PRESENTATIONS OF THE PROJECTS TO THE JURY - START STREAMING
- IUAV: Laura Baudalucco, coordinator Master in Circular Design
- M&C Saatchi: Silvio Meazza, Director
- FabLab Venezia: Francesco Bortolato, Architect
- We Are Here Venice: Jane Da Mosto, Founder and Executive Director
- SerenDPT: Luca Giuman, CEO
- Venice International University: Lucia Di Gioia, Executive Director del TeDIS Program on Innovation
- Fondazione CMCC: Elisa Calliari, Researcher
- VER-V & Cosmo: Emanuele Wiltsch Barberio, Co-founder and coordinator
- EAT-ART: Pietro Tonini, President & Researcher in Urban Agriculture at UAB Barcelona
ARTISTIC PERFORMANCE WITH CARLOS FERNANDO ABELLO and MATTIA CARACCIOLO
curated by Filippo Roccato of the Direction of Enterteinment, Art and Music ~ Venice Calls
WHILE THE JURY WILL EVALUATE THE PROJECTS
In a private room
CLOSING CEREMONY ~ WINNER'S AWARD CEREMONY - END OF STREAMING
● Follow Up by Venice Calls towards the Global Award Climbathon, and with the support of SerenDPT and the Venice Calls Innovation Department, consider how to really put your projects into practice.
for the winners:
●The Venice Climathon Cup, in recycled Murano glass offered by Laguna B.
● Moncler The Bio-Based Jacket, for each team member a bio-based jacket made applying the principles of the Circular Economy with zero emissions, offered by Moncler.
How to boost the Circular Economy starting from the area of the Lagoon of Venice?
Support us in the organisation!
Contact us to know a world of opportunities to collaborate. ~~~~~ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Venice Calls acts in order to help our community in all the 17 SDGs, because our People & Planet need action in 360 degrees.
The Team of Climathon Venice
The Organisation: Venice Calls
Venice Calls is an official association of the third sector that started its activities in 2018 to call for change with pragmatic actions in our territory. Our values are based on helping each other and the environment, building bridges between realities that want to act, and create shared value for all. We organized already last year the Climathon in Venice, after participating successfully in the previous edition and winning at the national stage as well. Then we decided to take the baton from the previous organisers CMCC, and organize the 2019 edition together with them and the Venice International University, as main partners. We had the pleasure to host a vibrant event, full of experts, young people and positive stories. This year will be the fifth edition in Venice, and we want to create an even more interesting and successful hackathon!
Want the global view?Climathon global
Thanks to our global partners