Climate Innovators - Create real solutions to your city’s climate challenge, take action in your city!
How will you benefit from Climathon?
- Help solve your city’s local climate challenge, and make your city more resilient to climate change
- Network with local leaders from academia, business and public authorities
- Develop your skills in public speaking, innovative thinking, prioritisation, and explore new tools and methodologies
- Join forces with other like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators
- Become a part of a global community working together to take climate action!
Application Deadline: 25th October, 2017
The blue economy and water challenge
Planet Earth faces increasingly imminent water resource scarcity challenges due to population growth, wealth accumulation, climate change and society’s increasing demand for cleaner and more resource efficient production and consumption. Meeting growing demand and avoiding catastrophic global water resource scarcity require the development and implementation of water technology innovation on the one hand and behavioral changes on the other hand. A Challenge is a new approach to an old problem. At the highest level, it is an open process that expands the pool of talent, creativity, and disciplines to find, create, incubate, and accelerate effective and impactful solutions to complex problems. With this approach, openness and participation are the catalysts for innovation. We have defined five ways water and water innovation are important to the economy of the future:
1. Legacy uses: transportation, ports, shipping, commercial fishing
2. Big water users: agriculture, manufacturing, energy, beverages
3. Growing opportunities in new sectors
4. Water technology products and services
5. Water education, research and innovation centers
If you have any queries about the Climathon please contact:
Cleantech Bulgaria is partner of Climate KIC and coordinator of all the initiatives and activities running under the Regional Innovation Scheme /EIT - RIS/ in Bulgaria.