Climate Innovators - Create real solutions to your city’s climate challenge, take action in your city!
How will you benefit from Climathon?
- Help solve your city’s local climate challenge, and make your city more resilient to climate change
- Network with local leaders from academia, business and public authorities
- Develop your skills in public speaking, innovative thinking, prioritisation, and explore new tools and methodologies
- Join forces with other like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators
- Become a part of a global community working together to take climate action!
Application Deadline: 25th October, 2017
Earth Observation in Support of Sustainable Water Resources Management
Burjassot City Challenge basically consists of developing Adaptation to Climate Change activities using Copernicus Earth Observation data and products and Water Management solutions in order to enhance socio-economical and environmental values in water sensitive areas. We want to encourage participants to be involved in our challenge to study water-related negative climate change impacts and low-efficiency usage to tackle them and generate incomes.
Our participants will be focusing on innovative methodologies for water resources re-distribution by integrating
• knowledge, diagnostic and monitoring capacity of remote sensing
• optimum engineering solutions
• efficient financial tools
• sensible policy decisions
to correctly manage all water resources, and recover life in unprofitable areas.
Our aim is to close the cycle of the different water resources, especially reclaimed water, in order to compensate scarcity by re-using it, as well as unpredictable weather conditions, with the goal to developing a successful and balanced economical life style.
27.10.2017. Sala de Juntas de la Facultad de Farmacia. Universidad de Valencia. Burjassot.
10:00 Arrival and registration
11:00 Welcome to Climathon (Opening session)
Soledad Gandía Franco Decana de la Facultad de Física
Juan Carlos Moltó Cortés Decano de la Facultad de Farmacia
Lluna Arias Cortina (Ajuntament de Burjassot – Regidora de Benestar Social, Igualtat, Desenvolupament Local i Medi Ambient de Burjassot)
José Luis Muñoz Director de Climate-Kic España
12:00 – 13:00 Coaching & Lecture Session
- Joaquín Muñoz (ECMWF) – “Copernicus Climate Change Service (c3s)” (T.B.C.)
- Rafael Escamilla (IVACE) – “Search for opportunities for startups and internationalization”
13:00 – 13:45 Brainstorming session. Group formation
15:00 – 15:45 Coaching & Lecture Session
- Johannes Hunink (FutureWater) – “Earth Observation in support of Sustainable Water Resources Management”
15:45 - 17:00 "Design Thinking" webinars and training
17:00 – 20:00 Mentoring
- Ernesto Lopez-Baeza “From research to innovation: Earth Observation as a bussiness opportunity”
- Tom Baur “From bussiness opportunity to bussiness model and networking”
- Carlos Rivero “From bussiness model to pitch presentation”
- Coffee Break
- Working on ideas with mentors
20:00 – 21:00 Dinner
21:00 Online connection with cities with similar challenges (if possible)
22:00 Online connection with Climathon central event
23:00 Online connection with cities with similar challenges (if possible)
00:00 – 3:00 Group work
3:30 – 7:00 Group work
7:00 – 8:00 Good morning! Breakfast
8:00 – 10:00 Finalizing the concept ant Pitch training
10:00 Presentation to the Jury. Jury evaluation
11:00 Award giving ceremony
11:30 Final evaluation. Closure