Climate Innovators - Create real solutions to your city’s climate challenge, take action in your city!
How will you benefit from Climathon?
- Help solve your city’s local climate challenge, and make your city more resilient to climate change
- Network with local leaders from academia, business and public authorities
- Develop your skills in public speaking, innovative thinking, prioritisation, and explore new tools and methodologies
- Join forces with other like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators
- Become a part of a global community working together to take climate action!
Application Deadline: 25th October, 2017
Citizen Participation & Energy transition
This year, Korea government started to talk about enucleation.
Busan is one of the cities close to nuclear power station. We welcome to new plan for national energy system. But we still need to make further agreement on our new energy system. It is time to talk about How we can get energy from clean and safe resources.
Luckily, Busan Mayer announced the new energy policy, ‘Clean-Enery City, Busan’. The policy is focused on supply of renewable energy and promotion of energy industry. Goal of ‘Clean-Energy city, Busan’ is raising the rate of renewable energy supply from 1.3% to 30% until 2030. Energy smart city and energy self-reliance town have been planning for urban regeneration in Busan.
Busan is ready for setting up detailed energy policy. Now citizen participation need to be considered as essential factor to implement them. Seoul city can be a good example for showing the importance of communication between stakeholders & non-stakeholders. It is time to make further steps to build our own strategies.
The challenge contains two conditions. First, ideas have to be citizen centered. Second, it is about Energy transition & self-reliance. Participators need to ideate the challenge with both conditions.
Facilitators will help you how to drive the challenge!
No worry! just come and make a movement!