Climate Innovators - Create real solutions to your city’s climate challenge, take action in your city!
How will you benefit from Climathon?
- Help solve your city’s local climate challenge, and make your city more resilient to climate change
- Network with local leaders from academia, business and public authorities
- Develop your skills in public speaking, innovative thinking, prioritisation, and explore new tools and methodologies
- Join forces with other like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators
- Become a part of a global community working together to take climate action!
Application Deadline: 25th October, 2017
Building resilience through resourcefulness
Join change-makers, entrepreneurs and experts from around the city as we put our heads together for 24 hours to come up with ideas that will help us adapt to a changed climate, mitigate our carbon emissions and communicate the challenge to others.
Over the past six years, the people of Christchurch have proven that we are resilient and resourceful. We can adapt to change, turn challenges into opportunities and use our ingenuity to make life easier. Now is the time to embed this culture in our city for good - to think of ways to do more with the resources we have, and to reduce our impact on the environment whilst improving our standard of living.
We all know that most of our resources are not infinite, but sometimes our lifestyles don't take this into account. Be it waste, vehicle use, agriculture or a myriad of other things, we want you to come up with ideas or 'hacks' to do these things smarter. Your idea will be a business or social enterprise opportunity. It could be an app, a device, a service or a way to incentivise a certain behaviour. You provide the skills and motivation, and we'll provide the experts to help you make it happen.
If you have any queries about the Climathon please contact: