Climate Innovators - Create real solutions to your city’s climate challenge, take action in your city!
How will you benefit from Climathon?
- Help solve your city’s local climate challenge, and make your city more resilient to climate change
- Network with local leaders from academia, business and public authorities
- Develop your skills in public speaking, innovative thinking, prioritisation, and explore new tools and methodologies
- Join forces with other like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators
- Become a part of a global community working together to take climate action!
Application Deadline: 25th October, 2017
Service-minded and financially sustainable freight transport solutions for Sofielund
The City of Malmö will continue the success from last year hosting two Climathons; one "Young Climathon" for younger children and one regular "24-hour Climathon".
The challenge of the Malmö Climathon 2017 comes from the sustainable transport consultant Trivector, partner in Smart Sustainable Districts project (SSD) with the City of Malmö. The sustainable district area in focus is Sofielund, where the Climathon will be held.
Freight transport is key to liveable cities. Without freight transport we cannot have the goods and services that we want and require, or collection of waste. Freight services are provided overwhelmingly by private actors and it is a challenge to create workable business models for freight service providers that at the same time reduce negative environmental impacts.
This Climathon challenge is about providing freight services that reduce the environmental impact of freight traffic and at the same time can have a workable business model and be financially sustainable in the long-term.
The solution proposed needs to:
- consider how the solution will be financed in the long term – not with subsidies
- consider the business model for the solution
- be able to work on market conditions
- consider if it can be part of a larger service (e.g. Mobility as a Service or transport hub on outskirts of area)
While at the same time:
- allow for freight transport to the area
- reduce freight traffic volumes
- secure a high service-level
- include the use of low or zero-emission freight vehicles
- increase safety and perceived safety
- reduce noise pollution
During the day we will present the state of freight transport in the area, present the “Business model canvas” which your solution must complete as well as an example of a solution from Sege Park neighbourhood in Malmö.
We need your help to find solutions to this challenge, and to create innovative business models that take sustainable freight transport solutions to the next level!
The event will contain several activities to inspire, teach, and foster creativity, and of course fun activities to keep the energy going all day and night!
Bring your own computer, and we recommend you bring blankets or a small sleeping bag if you need to take a Power nap during the event. Food and snacks will be provided for all participants. Please notify us on any allergies as you register.
Join us at our Climathon in Sofielund 2017!