Berlin on the move - how can data help to make urban mobility more sustainable?Be part when its about shaping ideas for a sustainable mobility in Berlin! In this challenge we want to experiment with the potential of open data and open source to create unique prototypes, tools and ideas for a sustainable mobility.
Mobility challenges in Berlin are around every corner in the city: daily recurring traffic jams, cyclists wiggling their way through the streets, crowded public transport, high CO2 pollution and shared mobility as well as e-mobility offers are paving their way in the city, raising new potentials but also challenges.
However, the urban space is occupied by many competitors and it is still some way to go to reach sustainable and long-lasting mobility solutions. Here, open data and open source solutions hold great potential concerning open and shared tools and concepts which are open for everyone.
In this challenge we want to create open prototypes and ideas for a future sustainable mobility, facing the major challenges of the streets in Berlin.
We are looking forward to solve these or additional questions together with you:
- How can mobility data contribute to urban CO2 reduction?
- How can tools support behavioural changes for a more environmentally conscious mobility behaviour?
- How could the environmental awareness of citizens, especially car drivers, be sharpened by tools?
- What are the weak spots of Berlin neighborhoods in terms of a lacking mobility infrastructure and how can these be solved?
- How can valuable data sources be used for mobility tools without undermining the digital self-determination of citizens?
- How can mobility data contribute to creating an open ecosystem for mobility solutions and which data is necessary?
Creating Climate Innovation to Facilitate Berlin's Transformation Towards a Green Future
How can we shape the future of Europe's greenest capital to meet the ambitious climate targets put forward by the City of Berlin? Let's create sustainable innovation to solve Berlin's climate challenges!See more from Berlin