The winning team will be able to choose between a prize of more than 1000 euros or a placement in the superlab of valenciaport with personalised mentoring
Join the Climathon in the port of Valencia
Get closer to one of the motor of the Valencian economy and propose measures that can help the goal of zero net emissions in the Port of Valencia. A unique opportunity to share experiences and knowledge in a unique innovation environment. We are looking forward to seeing you!
Valenciaport - Climathon - 25 October 2019
What's in it for me?
- Assisting in the design of environmental solutions that have a real impact on the port of Valencia
- To dive into the goods transport sector and its main connection nodes, the ports, through which 90% of the world's goods are moved
- The possibility of learning from the professionals of the sector who will guide you in achieving the objectives of the challenge.
- Access to relevant information about the environment in port as well as encouraging constructive discussions about initiatives that could be developed in the port.
- To know the realities of the port and to be able to understand what problems arise in its installations due to its frenetic operation.
- Compete in working groups for the best ideas to help solve the challenge and receive an expert assessment from the members of the Valencia Port Authority and the Valenciaport Foundation, the most important maritime research centre in the Mediterranean.
- A real milestone in your curriculum on environmental issues in real life.
The ability of society and industry to address global challenges, to meet the UN Sustainable Development Goals, to tackle societal needs and to adopt emerging technologies, will determine the world of tomorrow and the life of future generations.
Oceans and seas and will be crucial in the world of tomorrow. They will play a major role in addressing global challenges, meeting the UN Sustainable Development Goals and fulfilling societal needs to the extent that the 21th century will be the “century of the oceans”.
Ports are vital and expand the role for the European economy. Moreover, ports are facing a rapidly changing environment, pressing environmental considerations such as sustainability, climate change, etc.
We are looking for different participants to join the Climathon. Sign up for your profile now. Hurry up we only have a limited amount of seats.
Check out our schedule for the 12-hours
25 October 08:30
Please, follow the instructions of the venue to get to the premises. There will be 30 minutes to registration and additional information
25 October 09:00
Setting the scene and Introduction of the Challenge
The Port Authority jointly with Fundación Valenciaport will explain the main questions about the objectives of the challenge to start working in the Climathon.
25 October 09:30
Building the team working groups
According to your profile, we will balance the composition of the team working groups that are going to compete to win the prize of Valenciaport Climathon
25 October 10:00
25 October 13:30
Answers to your questions
The Port Authority of Valencia and Fundación Valenciaport will guide you in those questions maybe arise during the Climathon. It will help you to hit the mark
25 October 14:30
25 October 18:00
Building the results
Some remarks to build the team working groups results
25 October 19:30
Presentation of Results
Short PowerPoint presentations with the main results
25 October 20:15
Finding the winners - Deliberation
25 October 20:30
The winner is.....!!!!!!
Awards Ceremony and closure of the event
AVENIDA MUELLE DEL TURIA S/N
SEDE AUTORIDAD PORTUARIA DE VALENCIA FASE III - ENTRESUELO
ES46024 - VALENCIA