30 Oct 2021 - 31 Oct 2021
~ Climathon Venice ~
A competition of ideas designed to develop innovative projects and sustainable startups that help to solve the climate crisis and boost our economy & society through the end of the current pandemic.
The VI edition of the Venice Climathon is the largest version yet, thanks to the approach path of 4 pre-events, and many news. The main event will be run similar to all the past years. Two full days of team working, idea generation and development.
- The Challenge will be open to all the people and teams willing to face the climate crisis and the restart through the end of the pandemic, starting by applying it in Venice.
- Three thematic focuses will be addressed in specific: 1) Social Innovation 2) Circular Fashion 3) Creativity and Craftmanship.
- Registrations: FREE
- When: the 30th and 31st of October,
- Where: in Fabbrica H3, hosted by our partner SerenDPT, and in the new headquarter of Venice Calls, respectively in the ex-church and cloister of SS. Cosma e Damiano (Giudecca).
- Prizes: Discover below the many prizes for all the teams participating in its specific section! One winner will be selected from each thematic focus as special mentions, and an overall winner will be awarded the trophy of the VI Edition of the Climathon Venice!
*Illustration by Saruul Davaapurev.
Previous Years ClimathonFind out what happened last time
Last Edition 2020
750+ Live Attendants, 40+ Staff/Collaborators, 47 Partecipants and 10 Teams. Check it!
Edition 2021: 1 Open Challenge + 3 Main Topics
Restart Venice: in search of solutions towards a sustainable and circular social model through the end of the current pandemic.
both online and in person
You can partecipate at our Climathon Venice in these 3 ways:
- Register: click the button on this website
- Streaming: YouTube streaming will be shared on social channels
- Invitees and Guests: the opening and closing event will be open by invitation only (if you're interested write us)
"New Venitianism" An Illustration made for Climathon Venice 2020 by Mattia Caracciolo
~ The Climathon Venice is an opportunity to learn how to lead an idea to be an innovative project or a sustainable startup. An Opportunity to meet the Ecosystem of Innovation in Venice, and finally to find solutions for the challenges of today and award them ~
Pre-events ~ The Approach Path
We are holding 4 different workshops before the Climathon Venice, based on the 3 main topics linked to the Challenge:
DONE: Circular Fashion: September 24 - 5 pm - VinoKilo Venice Workshop at Officine 800' (Giudecca)
DONE:: Special Event: October 7 - 1pm - 8pm - Workshop Hackathon & Launch of the MIT Design X Venezia
DEADLINE ENDED Social Innovation: 23-26 October, Social Enterprise Open Camp, Isola di San Servolo
NEXT: Creativity&Craftmanship: October 21 -4 pm-5:30 pm- Open Day: Rapid and low-cost digital fabrication at the Fab Lab Venice
This year we decided to open to everybody to register at the Climathon Venice and we made the registrations free of charge.
We will try to let all the people participate, but we have legal limits linked to the present situation of the pandemic.
Deadline: at 12:00 of Friday 29th of October
The Funding Program
We are in search of donors and sponsors, for our Funding Program.
Each Euro will be used through the nonprofit organisation in order to make the event better and better.
DAY 1 ~ Saturday 30 October 2021
in H3 Factory, Ex-Church of SS. Cosma and Damiano (Giudecca, Stop Palanca)
9:00 - 9:30 CHECK-IN & ARRIVAL OF PARTICIPANTS AND GUESTS
9:30 - 10:00 COFFEE & TEAM PREPARATION
10:00 - 10:30
WELCOME GREETINGS AND INTRODUCTION TO THE CHALLENGE ~ START STREAMING
- Venice Calls, Ludovico Dejak, Lead Project Manager Climathon Venice
- Venice Calls, Julie Pellizzari, Researcher& Project Manager Climathon Venice
- SerenDPT, Fabio Carrera, President & Venice Project Center & Prof. WPI University
- Fondazione CMCC, Andrea Staccione, Researcher
10:30 – 11:30
ROUND TABLE ~ THE INNOVATION ECOSYSTEM OF VENICE
Moderator Ludovico Dejak di Venice Calls
- Comune di Venezia (TBC)
- Sergio Pascolo, IUAV/Venice Urban Lab
- Carlo Bagnoli, VeniSIA Accelerator e Prof. of Strategic Innovation at Ca’ Foscari
- Fabio Carrera, President SerenDPT/VeniceProjectCenter
11:30 – 13:00
5/10 minutes each: Moderator: Julie Pellizzari, Venice Calls Innovation Management Team
INTRODUCTION TO THE CHALLENGE
- SOCIAL INNOVATION
- CREATIVITY & CRAFTSMANSHIP
- FabLab Venezia: Leonidas Paterakis, Co-Founder
- CIRCULAR FASHION
- Vinokilo: Andrea Vittone, Event Experience Manager, Vinokilo Italia
13:00 - 13:30
FINAL SALUTES and LAUNCH OF TEAMWORK - END OF STREAMING
14:30 - 20:00 TEAMWORK Followed by Team Mentor Tutor & Specific Contact Experts
Team Mentor Tutor:
- Ludovico Dejak, Venice Calls
- Julie Pellizzari, Venice Calls
- Letizia Monteleone, CMCC
- Margherita Sarcinella, CMCC
- Domenico Bovienzo, CMCC
DAY 2 - October 31, 2021 -
MORNING 9:00 - 14:30
9:00 - 9:30 ENTRANCE - GUEST ARRIVAL - ex-Church of SS. Cosma and Damiano
9:30 - 13:00 INTRODUCTION TO THE NEW DAY & TEAMWORK
Followed by the Team Mentor Tutor & Specific Contact Experts.
14:00 - 15:30 REHEARSAL OF THE PRESENTATIONS
15:30 - 16:00 COFFEE BREAK
16:00 - 16:15 INTRODUCTION, AWARDS AND FOLLOW UP - START STREAMING YouTube
Ludovico Dejak and Julie Pellizzari
16:15 - 17:30 PROJECT PRESENTATIONS TO THE JURY - in attendance
● SerenDPT: Luca Giuman, CEO
FabLab Venice: Leonidas Paterakis, Co-Founder
Tondo, Association focused on Circular Economy
● Venice International University (VIU): (TBC)
● PInK, the Knowledge Transfer Office of Ca' Foscari: Daniela Pavan, Researcher
● CMCC Foundation: Andrea Staccione, Researcher
17:30 - 18:00 ARTISTIC PERFORMANCES
While there will be the evaluation session by the Jury in a private room.
18:00 - 18:30 CLOSING CEREMONY ~ AWARDING OF THE WINNERS - END OF STREAMING
Win support for your idea
For the Winners:
- NEW EUROPEAN BAUHAUS IDEATION AWARDS: You will have the opportunity to participate in the new award organized by the New European Bauhaus and the European Commission.
Prizes up to 10'000 EUR of seed funding to implement the idea and turn it into reality by early 2022.
- awards of 1000, 2000 and 3000 EUR
- the study visits for 2 people of the team for the awards
- MITdesignX VENEZIA: The opportunity to be selected to participate in the acceleration program of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology of Boston, in collaboration with SerenDPT Benefit Corporation, starting in 2022.
For the One Team Wine
- The Climathon Trophy, done by recycled Murano Glass, sponsored by LAGUNA B,
- All the previous prizes!
- Follow-Up Event: every team will have the possibility of gaining support and coaching to bring to life your ideas and/or further develop them.
Venice Calls for social projects
SerenDPT for business ideas
Venice Climate Lab for publications and networking event organisation
FabLab Venezia for fast prototyping and more
~ THE OPEN CHALLENGE: What innovative projects and sustainable startups to revitalize the future of Venice, beyond business-as-usual?
Meet the Organisers
Venice Calls is an official no-profit organisation that started its activities in 2018 to call for change with pragmatic actions in our territory. Our values are based on helping each other and the environment, building bridges between realities that want to act, and create shared value for all.
We organized already last year the Climathon in Venice, after participating successfully in the previous edition and winning at the national stage as well. Then we decided to take the baton from the CMCC, and organize the 2019 and the 2020 edition together with them and the Venice International University, as main partners. We had the pleasure to host a vibrant event, full of experts, young people and positive stories. This year will be the sixth edition in Venice, and we want to create an even more interesting and successful hackathon!
Do you want to stay informed?
You can enter only with the GreenPass or an Anti-Covid Test.
Want the global view?Climathon global
Thanks to our global partners