Due to the Covid-19 situation, Climathon Fribourg will take place 100% online. Don't be afraid, we did it in Geneva in November 2020 and it was a great success!
24 Sep 2021 - 25 Sep 2021
Time for change, be the change. Join Climathon Fribourg!
Climate impacts are touching every part of the globe - but you know the climate challenges your community is facing the best.
Climathon is a global movement that organises locally; a city-based programme that offers a clear pathway to climate action.
Come and join the movement on September 24 and 25, 2021 - This event will take place 100% online and will be held in French.
At the core of the Climathon programme is a yearly ideathon that takes place in your city and in hundreds of other cities across many continents and time-zones.
Come and join a diverse group of participants, ranging from policymakers to hackers, youth to academics, students to business leaders. Together you will come to collaborate on forward-thinking ideas that tackle local climate challenges.
Take part and join a global community of thousands who want to act now, and rethink the cities we live in and the future we want as citizens.
Ready for a unique experience? Get your chance to have an impact by taking on one of the three climate challenges provided by our Partners :
- Challenge 1 : Questioning mobility habits and daring to change
- Challenge 2 : Making charging stations easily accessible to speed up the transition to electromobility
- Challenge 3 : Encouraging responsible consumption, limiting waste, creating opportunities for exchange, reuse and repair
#Climathon #ClimathonRomandie #ClimathonFribourg #timeforchange #bethechange #openinnovation
* An ideathon is a creative process of production, development and communication of new ideas.
Global Climathon: Facts & Figures
Uniting the world's cities
Join a global movement
Make your local idea count
This year’s challenges in Fribourg
Meet the organisers
eqlosion’s mission is to accelerate the transition towards sustainable development. We support you, private organisations, public entities and territories in your ecological transition.
As passionate entrepreneurs, we know that it takes a lot of energy and motivation to create and develop sustainable projects. We are not afraid to take risks, to explore new ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Covid-19, what arrangements have been made?
What is a Climathon?
A Climathon is a one-time ideathon type event during which individuals come together to solve problems collectively and creatively.
The solutions developed during the Climathon Fribourg do not necessarily have to include digital technology.
For more information on what an ideathon is (in French): https://www.eqlosion.ch/blog/ideathon
Do I have to pay to register?
No. However applications are reviewed to ensure that Climathon Lausanne participants are motivated and creative.
How long does the Climathon last?
The Climathon Fribourg will start on Friday, March 12, 2021 at 13:00 and will end on Saturday, March 13 at 17:00 pm with the pitches presentation in front of the jury and a closing ceremony.
Please see the programme online
How will the teams be formed?
Teams will consist of 4 to 6 people. You can register as a team, but if you register alone, don't worry, teams will be formed at the beginning of the Climathon.
What about my intellectual property rights on the solutions I propose during the Climathon?
- We respect your intellectual property rights and we expect you to respect the intellectual property rights of other participants. You are not allowed to copy the ideas and solutions proposed by other teams during the Climathon.
- All intellectual property rights created during the Climathon belong to the creating team. However all participants will make publicly available a brief description of their idea and solution. To make sure that Climate-KIC and organizers are able to publicise these ideas and solutions, you allow them to use ideas and solutions for publications about the Climathon (through website, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.).
- We strongly encourage you to push your idea and solution after the Climathon but be aware that it may be also be exploited/pushed by any interested person after the Climathon.
- We encourage you to share your Climathon experiences on social media using #Climathon #ClimathonRomandie #ClimathonFribourg #timeforchange #bethechange
Want the global view?Climathon global
Thanks to our global partners