- Wearing a mask will be mandatory for participants and staff if the event has more than 50 people
- Distancing will be recommanded
- An identification list of participants will be permanently maintained by the organizers
- Hydroalcoholic solutions will be made available to all participants and staff.
- A protection plan will be available at all times and visible to participants
Climathon Geneva 2020
13 Nov 2020 - 14 Nov 2020
Time for change, be the change. Join the Climathon in Geneva!
Climate change impacts all the regions of the globe. Do you want to take action?
So join the movement on november 13th & 14th, 2020 in Geneva! Together, let's develop innovative and sustainable solutions for the climate and our city.
Climathon is an annual event, organized in the form of an ideathon*. It is organized in your city but also in hundreds of other cities in the world. For you and for thousands of other participants, this is a unique opportunity to take action and make a difference.
For 2 days, citizens from all walks of life (entrepreneurs, students, professionals, ...), accompanied by experts and coaches, collaborate and find solutions to the challenges offered by our partners. The event ends with the presentation of ideas to a jury. All in a friendly atmosphere.
Ready for a unique experience?
#Climathon #ClimathonGeneva #timeforchange #bethechange
*The ideathon is a creative process of producing, developing and communicating new ideas
Facts & Figures
Uniting the world's cities
Join a global movement
Make your local idea count
Meet the Organisers
Impact Hub Geneva
The core function of Impact Hub Geneva is its proven expertise in community building, curation and management to massively increase innovation and entrepreneurship through collaboration of diverse people and organizations, nationally and internationally. Impact Hub Geneva enables new and efficient partnerships between established organizations and startups who, together and across industries, develop solutions for the Sustainable Development Goals.
eqlosion’s mission is to accelerate the transition towards sustainable development. We support you, private organisations, public entities and territories in your ecological transition.
As passionate entrepreneurs, we know that it takes a lot of energy and motivation to create and develop sustainable projects. We are not afraid to take risks, to explore new ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Covid-19, what arrangements have been made?
What is a Climathon?
A Climathon is a one-time hackathon/ideathon type event (here 24 hours) during which individuals come together to solve problems collectively and creatively.
Although hackatons/ideathons are often associated with digital problem solving, the solutions developed during the Climathon Geneva do not necessarily have to include digital technology.
Do I have to pay to register?
No. However, applications are reviewed to ensure that Climathon Geneva participants are motivated and creative.
How long does the Climathon last?
The Climathon Geneva will start on Friday, november 13, 2020 at 12:30 pm and will end on Saturday, november 14 at 4 pm with the presentation pitches in front of the jury and a closing aperitif.
Due to the sanitary situation, participants will go to rest and sleep between Friday 10 pm and Saturday 7 am.
Will there be food and beverages available?
Yes, vegetarian food, drinks and snacks will be available.
Feel free to take your water bottle with you!
Can I sleep or rest during the climathon?
This year, due to the health situation, we cannot offer you a place to rest or sleep for a few hours. However, you will be able to go home at night from Friday to Saturday and we look forward to seeing you on Saturday, November 14th at 7:00 am for the rest of the Climathon!
What should I bring with me?
Bring everything you think you'll need to work: your phone, laptop, chargers, possibly your headphones.
The organizing team of Climathon Geneva will provide you with material for reflection and ideas (participant's booklet), you will also have flipcharts, paper, pens, markers, post-its, etc.
How will the teams be formed?
Teams will consist of 4 to 6 people. You can register as a team, but if you register alone, don't worry, teams will be formed at the beginning of the Climathon.
What about my intellectual property rights on the solutions I propose during the Climathon?
- We respect your intellectual property rights and we expect you to respect the intellectual property rights of other participants. You are not allowed to copy the ideas and solutions proposed by other teams during the Climathon.
- All intellectual property rights created during the Climathon belong to the creating team. However all participants will make publicly available a brief description of their idea and solution. To make sure that Climate-KIC and organizers are able to publicise these ideas and solutions, you allow them to use ideas and solutions for publications about the Climathon (through website, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.).
- We strongly encourage you to push your idea and solution after the Climathon but be aware that it may be also be exploited/pushed by any interested person after the Climathon.
- We encourage you to share your Climathon experiences on social media using #ClimathonSwitzerland
Want the global view?Climathon global
Thanks to our global partners