Climate Innovators - Create real solutions to your city’s climate challenge, take action in your city!
How will you benefit from Climathon?
- Help solve your city’s local climate challenge, and make your city more resilient to climate change
- Network with local leaders from academia, business and public authorities
- Develop your skills in public speaking, innovative thinking, prioritisation, and explore new tools and methodologies
- Join forces with other like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators
- Become a part of a global community working together to take climate action!
Application Deadline: 25th October, 2017
1. Hyderabad city terrain is vulnerable to water logging specially during rainy season. This leads to heavy traffic jams and vehicular emissions. Infraroads need to be designed to cope with water logging.
2. Potable water scarcity and water supply in pet bottles are common in Hyderabad. Hyderabad was a city of lakes, a long time ago. Now lakes are encroached for constructions and other use. As a result, water availability is a challenge.
3. High temperature during summer season is a huge challenge. Temperature sore around 50 degrees in summers.This is specially due to less greenery in urban areas. Planned construction may help out maintaining temperature.
4. Waste management is an issue. Open dumpyards and biomedical waste management need to be solved.
5. Enable emission intensive sectors in Hyderabad to develop their baseline of their emissions and strive to reduce their sectoral GHG emissions. Also, sectoral capacity building is required to enable all sectors to reduce their emissions.