Due to the Covid-19 situation, Climathon Lausanne will take place 100% online. Don't be afraid, we did it in Geneva in November 2020 and it was a great success!
12 Feb 2021 - 13 Feb 2021
Time for change, be the change. Join Climathon Lausanne!
Climate impacts are touching every part of the globe - but you know the climate challenges your community is facing the best.
Climathon is a global movement that organises locally; a city-based programme that offers a clear pathway to climate action.
Come and join the movement on February 12 and 13, 2021 - This event will take place 100% online!
At the core of the Climathon programme is a yearly ideathon that takes place in your city and in hundreds of other cities across many continents and time-zones.
Come and join a diverse group of participants, ranging from policymakers to hackers, youth to academics, students to business leaders. Together you will come to collaborate on forward-thinking ideas that tackle local climate challenges.
Take part and join a global community of thousands who want to act now, and rethink the cities we live in and the future we want as citizens.
Ready for a unique experience? Get your chance to have an impact by taking on one of the three climate challenges provided by our Partners :
- Challenge 1 : Boosting the energy transition by snowball effect
- Challenge 2 : Increasing the rate of building renovations
- Challenge 3 : Imagine the role of the Transports publics lausannois in 2030
#Climathon #ClimathonLausanne #timeforchange #bethechange
* An ideathon is a creative process of production, development and communication of new ideas.
Global Climathon: Facts & Figures
Uniting the world's cities
Join a global movement
Make your local idea count
This years Climathon Lausanne
Friday, 12 February
13:00 - Opening Ceremony
Get inspired, learn more about this year's challenges
13:30 - Lausanne Welcome session
Tech Intro: live vidéo to explain the digital tools that will be used. Understand goals and rules, agenda
14:00 - Introduction to this year challenges
Meeting our partners and understanding the challenges
14:30 - Idéathon starts & Team Building
14:30 - Hacking time - Phase 1
Design your climate changing idea and refine with experts and coaches
16:00 - Meeting our experts
18:00 - Inspiring talk
19:00 - Hacking time - Phase 2
Further develop your idea
22:00 - Animation Bachata
Saturday, 13 February
00:30 - Hacking time - Phase 3
Further develop your idea
06:00 - Yoga
Get ready for the day
07:00 - Hacking time - Phase 4
07:00 - Workshop Pitch training session
Test, refine your idea and prepare your pitch - Learn how to convince the audience of your idea with less in 90 seconds
10:00-12:00 - Meeting our experts
12:00 - Deadline for submitting projects
Upload your Climathon project and get ready for the pitch
13:00 - Pitch to the jury & Deliberations
Pitch your idea to the jury of experts and partners as well as a large audience and listen to the other teams
16:30 - Closing ceremony & Results
The big finale, find out who the winners of this year's Climathon are
Meet the organisers
eqlosion’s mission is to accelerate the transition towards sustainable development. We support you, private organisations, public entities and territories in your ecological transition.
As passionate entrepreneurs, we know that it takes a lot of energy and motivation to create and develop sustainable projects. We are not afraid to take risks, to explore new ideas.
Impact Hub Lausanne
The core function of Impact Hub Lausanne is its proven expertise in community building, curation and management to massively increase innovation and entrepreneurship through collaboration of diverse people and organizations, nationally and internationally. Impact Hub Lausanne enables new and efficient partnerships between established organizations and startups who, together and across industries, develop solutions for the Sustainable Development Goals.
Frequently asked questions
Covid-19, what arrangements have been made?
What is a Climathon?
A Climathon is a one-time ideathon type event during which individuals come together to solve problems collectively and creatively.
The solutions developed during the Climathon Lausanne do not necessarily have to include digital technology.
For more information on what an ideathon is (in French): https://www.eqlosion.ch/blog/ideathon
Do I have to pay to register?
No. However applications are reviewed to ensure that Climathon Lausanne participants are motivated and creative.
How long does the Climathon last?
The Climathon Lausanne will start on Friday, February 12, 2021 at 13:00 and will end on Saturday, February 13 at 17:00 pm with the pitches presentation in front of the jury and a closing ceremony.
Please see the programme online
How will the teams be formed?
Teams will consist of 4 to 6 people. You can register as a team, but if you register alone, don't worry, teams will be formed at the beginning of the Climathon.
What about my intellectual property rights on the solutions I propose during the Climathon?
- We respect your intellectual property rights and we expect you to respect the intellectual property rights of other participants. You are not allowed to copy the ideas and solutions proposed by other teams during the Climathon.
- All intellectual property rights created during the Climathon belong to the creating team. However all participants will make publicly available a brief description of their idea and solution. To make sure that Climate-KIC and organizers are able to publicise these ideas and solutions, you allow them to use ideas and solutions for publications about the Climathon (through website, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.).
- We strongly encourage you to push your idea and solution after the Climathon but be aware that it may be also be exploited/pushed by any interested person after the Climathon.
- We encourage you to share your Climathon experiences on social media using #ClimathonRomandie #ClimathonFribourg #Climathon
Want the global view?Climathon global
Thanks to our global partners