Climate Innovators - Create real solutions to your city’s climate challenge, take action in your city!
How will you benefit from Climathon?
- Help solve your city’s local climate challenge, and make your city more resilient to climate change
- Network with local leaders from academia, business and public authorities
- Develop your skills in public speaking, innovative thinking, prioritisation, and explore new tools and methodologies
- Join forces with other like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators
- Become a part of a global community working together to take climate action!
Application Deadline: 25th October, 2017
Sustainable Urban Development
Mashhad is the second most populous city in Iran and capital of Razavi Khorasan Province. It is a city in northeast Iran, known as a place of religious pilgrimage. It's centered on the vast Holy Shrine of Imam Reza, with golden domes and minarets that are floodlit at night. Mashhad metropolis has an international influence and due to its neighbors with Islamic countries (Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Turkmenistan) is the largest center for religious tourism attraction and immigrants in the northeastern and northeast of Iran.
The unstable development patterns in Mashhad is due to natural, geopolitical, social and economic factors. According to development and planning deputy of Mashhad municipality, the main challenges of sustainable urban development in Mashhad are:
- Environmental challenges including water and air pollution
- Urban service development including the traffic and land use patterns
The first Climathon event in Mashhad offers a unique opportunity of presenting innovative solutions for urban development challenges. So all students, startups, local authorities, public and private organizations, administrative bodies, entrepreneurs and innovators are invited to come with their creative ideas in the global Climathon day for overcoming the challenges of "sustainable urban development" in Mashhad.
If you have any queries about the Climathon please contact: