Climate Innovators - Create real solutions to your city’s climate challenge, take action in your city!
How will you benefit from Climathon?
- Help solve your city’s local climate challenge, and make your city more resilient to climate change
- Network with local leaders from academia, business and public authorities
- Develop your skills in public speaking, innovative thinking, prioritisation, and explore new tools and methodologies
- Join forces with other like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators
- Become a part of a global community working together to take climate action!
Application Deadline: 25th October, 2017
Increasing Citizen's Participation in Mexico City's Climate Action
Mexico City and its more than 20 million inhabitants face every year more climate-related challenges such as air pollution, scarcity of drinkable water, waste accumulation, floods and loss of green spaces. The local government is working to adress these issues through the implementation of several actions defined in the City's Climate Action Plan 2014-2020, but these actions risk falling short if citizen's involvement is not encouraged and promoted.
This year's Climathon aims to develop ideas to bring citizens on board the city's climate plan, discussing how local business, entrepreneurs and civil organizations can add to the government's efforts while contributing to the local economy and living conditions.
Fee: $150 Mexican Pesos (used only to cover the event's expenses)