Climate Innovators - Create real solutions to your city’s climate challenge, take action in your city!
How will you benefit from Climathon?
- Help solve your city’s local climate challenge, and make your city more resilient to climate change
- Network with local leaders from academia, business and public authorities
- Develop your skills in public speaking, innovative thinking, prioritisation, and explore new tools and methodologies
- Join forces with other like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators
- Become a part of a global community working together to take climate action!
Application Deadline: 25th October, 2017
Sustainable Urban Development
Tehran the capital of Iran, is a big city with bigger problems. From early 1960s the city faced rapid urban development rate as the consequences of business and industry growth, population growth and immigration. The development pace was much higher than legislative and administrative arrangements. This unplanned development have been resulted in different problems that are getting worse, though and critical over time.
To solve those problems we need to move towards “Sustainable Urban Development”, a challenging approach that aims to promote a development with economic prosperity, social equity and environmental integrity in cities and urban areas.the following areas are our first year Climathon program goals to focus on:
Ground water drainage
Recycling Urban waste
In order to achieve “sustainable urban development” objectives, the above mentioned problems should be addressed in the first step. The first Climathon event in Tehran will try to present innovative solutions for those problems. In this regards all students, startups, local authorities, public and private organizations, administrative bodies, entrepreneurs and innovators are invited to join with their creative ideas in the global Climathon day for overcoming the challenges of "sustainable urban development" in Tehran.
تهران، بلوار آیت ا.. کاشانی، خیابان بهنام، خیابان مهرداد، مرکز آمئزشهای مدیریت پسماند
If you have any queries about the Climathon please contact: